Wednesday, April 2, 2014

So it begins...

At the age of 18, I have a long list of mental illnesses. Long enough that my doctor has to take a breath to read them out to me. For some reason I remain hopeful.. hopeful that one day I will be able to show the world how I have overcome my mental conditions. It started with an anxiety diagnosis at a young age of 12. Each year the doctor had something new to throw on the list. At the age of 18, I am clinically diagnosed with anxiety, depression, panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, insomnia and finally bi-polarism. Some days I wake up feeling empty. Sheer emptiness. I feel like a guinea pig, getting new medications and treatments thrown at me weekly. When I was 17, I took matters in my own hands. I decided that there was only one cure for my mental conditions and I began abusing pain-killers. Now a bi-polar, depressed, manic, insomniac, drug addict my life is interesting to say the least. This is a story of seasons. The highs and the lows. The good, the bad and the ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment