Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Story of an Addict

At the age of 15, I tried smoking weed. That is where this story begins. A year or so later, I took up cocaine and was abusing it on weekends. The real addiction starts at the age of 17 when I tried opiates for the first time. If there is 1 single day I could take back in my life, it would be that day. Oxycontin, morphine, codeine, hydromorphs.. the list goes on and on. The problem with opiates is the problem with many things in life.. you don't miss them until they're gone. I was foolish, watching the people around me become victims of addiction. But something in my head kept telling me that I would never be one of those people. The first time I experienced opium withdrawals, I broke down into tears. Only 2 months into my hard drug use, I was addicted. But something inside of me felt driven. I had so many people to con, so many ways to fuel my addiction. The thing about fuel, is no matter how hard you try, at some point the fuel runs out. I began stealing from my loved ones, lying through my teeth and manipulating anyone that would give me the time of day. The typical story of an addict. I did some unspeakable things. Anything to prolong the withdrawals. My addiction was winter. It was freezing cold. The darkest, longest, coldest winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment